Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Home will be much sweeter when Brian comes home! Today he should be home mid afternoon. I thought I would write one last time before our house becomes whole again. I always try to find the good in every situation. Sometimes I fail miserabley but this time, I have learned a little more about myself. Many of you know the history with Brian and I. Let me share a few of the details. Brian and I were engaged twice before we actually got married. When we broke our engagement, I was devastated and did not have a clue as to what the Lord was doing. We were apart for a year and through that time, the Lord was molding and shaping me into my own person, fully dependent on Him, not man. There was a time of bitterness but as I surrendered my thoughts, hurts, and time to the Lord, healing came. I was able to think clearer and I was my own person with my own ideas and thoughts. The Lord sometimes brings a time of separation between earthly things to restore them.

While Brian was away, I was forced to be my own person and make choices and decisions. I found myself again in the same place, the same issues that I had been facing that year that Brian and I were separated. As a married couple, you become one but you are still your own person. I truly believe that when you are who God intended you to be, your relationships are purer and more enjoyable. While Brian was at school, the Lord reminded me of who He made me to be. The passions He gave me are part of who I am and lately I have dismissed them for one reason or another and I need to get my priorities right. He created us unique, and when we don't use what He gave us, we are missing out on something so precious and wonderful!

Although, it was a tough two weeks with Brian away, I was able to learn some valuable lessons. The Lord knows what He is doing with my family and we can't wait to see what is in store for us. I am so excited to see Brian and share with him all of the things the Lord has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment